Freedom of Information Request FAQ's
How do I make a Freedom of Information Request?
- Complete the FOI Request Form.
- Submit the form in person or by mail to the address below, with a $5 non-refundable request fee.
Attn: Release of Information Clerk
Windsor Regional Hospital, Health Records Department
1995 Lens Ave,
Is there a cost involved?
A written request must be accompanied by a mandatory, non-refundable $5.00 access fee. Your cheque or money order should be made payable to the Windsor Regional Hospital.
Depending on the nature of your request and the volume of records requested, there may be additional fees associated with your request. See Fee Schedule.
How far back can the FOI request go?
Records in the custody and control of the organization as of January 1, 2007 may be the subject of a request.
How long will it take to process a request?
Unless an extension as outlined in the legislation applies, generally you can expect the decision regarding your request will be issued within thirty (30) days.
What types of records can be requested?
You can request any record of information, however recorded, including:
- Paper and electronic files and documents
- Photographs, video and audio recordings
- Non-final drafts and working notes
- Expense claims/accounts
- Minutes of meetings, agendas, communication books
- Handwritten notes
- Spreadsheets and sketches
Does WRH report on FOI requests to anyone outside WRH?
Yes, the hospital must submit an annual report to the Information and Privacy Commissioner’s office of Ontario. The report includes:
- The number of requests received, number refused and the provisions of the Act relied upon for the refusal and the number of times each provision was invoked
- For each provision of the Act, the number of appeals commenced
- The number of times personal information as used or disclosed for a purpose which is not included in the statements of uses and purposes
- The amount of fees collected
Where can I get more information regarding Freedom of Information requests?
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Release of Information Clerk
519- 254-5577 ext. 52313
Chief Privacy Officer (CPO)
519-254-5577 ext. 52510.