At Windsor Regional Hospital, we are continually working to make our space more accessible.
Currently, we are in the planning process for a new Windsor Essex Acute Care Facility, which will combine the acute services currently housed in two separate and aging facilities. This project will modernize our physical space bringing a state of the art facility to this region and enable us to meet today’s accessibility standards. The project also features a brand new, state of the art and accessible Satellite Site with Urgent Care Centre, Ambulatory Clinics and Diagnostic Imaging facilities.
WRH's Accessibility Plan outlines our current efforts to eliminate accessibility barriers. Current highlights include:
- All staff are required to take an Accessibility Course during their staff orientation as well as take “refresher courses” through our annual e-learning programs. This ensures accessibility is at the forefront of information, education and awareness for all
- The Ouellette Campus Nephrology Project will move 30 dialysis stations into a newly renovated space adjacent to the WRH Ouellette Campus and ensure accessibility compliance for our patients, visitors and staff
- The Ouellette Campus Cardiac Cath Lab relocation will move the Cath lab and associated support from the basement to a fully compliant, accessible space on the 5th floor of Ouellette Campus
- Continually evaluating hospital grounds to adjust uneven paving and address any additional accessibility concerns as they arise.
- Parking spots for persons with disabilities are available at both hospital campuses. Please note: there is no parking charge for these spots.
||# of spaces
| # of spaces
|Main Visitor’s Lot
|Persons with disabilities lot
|Lot F (Goyeau)
|Staff Parking Lot (Kildare)
|Lot G (Erie)
A TTY telephone to support the deaf and hearing impaired is available in the lobbies of both hospital campuses and Interpreter Services are available for our multi-linguistic community through Interpretalk.
We are continuing to work towards a new facility that will feature a fully accessible environment and meet the Ministry of Community and Social Service's vision of building an accessible Province. In the meantime, we continue to strive to improve our accessibility for our patients, visitors and staff.
For more information regarding Windsor Regional Hospital’s accessibility planning, please contact:
Director, Corporate Services Facilities
Phone: (519) 254-5577 Ext. 52033
E-mail Address: Kevin.Marshall@wrh.on.ca