RENEW: CANCER WELLNESS Program
The RENEW Cancer Wellness Education Series consists of 5 education sessions free of cost. These sessions will give you the tools and independence as you transition after treatment to everyday life.
The program consists of the following sessions to provide patients who have had cancer, family members, and/or caregivers with information and support in key areas.
FALL 2022 DATES:
- September 29th: Surviving, Now What? presented by Kit McCann, Nurse Practitioner
- October 6th: Eating for a Healthy Life presented by Shelby Butler, Registered Dietitian
- October 13th: Be Active, Be Healthy presented by Dr. Scott Adams, Certified Exercise Physiologist, Toronto
- October 20th: Hereditary Cancer & Your Family Tree presented by Veronica Bryksa, Genetic Counsellor
- October 27th: Sexuality & Cancer presented by Nancy Hannon, Registered Social Worker
Each session will be held online via Zoom. You can register for all 5 sessions, 1 session, or any number in between.
All education sessions will be held from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. If you have any questions or want to share any questions ahead of time that you would like addressed during one of the presentations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the RENEW Exercise Program, participants work with specially trained fitness instructors to help them regain strength and confidence.
The 60-minute RENEW Exercise Classes run twice a week for 10 weeks. They include light to moderate strengthening and toning exercises led by specially trained instructors who have received Cancer and Exercise Training for Health Professionals certification from THRIVE Health Services (University of Calgary). Exercises are modified to allow participants to work at their own pace and meet their personal goals.
- Thanks to the generous support of the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation and its donors, participants pay a subsidized fee of $40 for their first 10-week session
- Participants attend two 60-minute exercise sessions each week
- Classes include light to moderate strengthening and toning exercises
- Classes are led by specially trained instructors who have received Cancer and Exercise Training for Health Professionals certification from THRIVE Health Services (University of Calgary).
- Exercises are modified to allow participants to work at their own pace and meet their personal goals.
St. Denis Centre
(University of Windsor)
Monday & Thursday
at 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
||Email: Chad - UWindsor
call: 519-253-3000 ext 4050
(Joint study between
University of Toronto &
University of Calgary)
|Monday & Wednesday
at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday
at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
||Email: Daniel Sibley
: Specially trained fitness instructors, Chad Sutherland and Sandra Ondracka from the University of Windsor, demonstrate the basics of the RENEW Exercise Program with a group of volunteers at the program launch on January 16, 2019.