Rapid Assessment Centre – Hip and Knee
The Musculoskeletal Rapid Assessment Centre (RAC) helps people with hip and knee pain get timely access to treatment and specialized care. The Centre uses a coordinated intake and triage process to reduce wait times and get patients access to the right education and treatment options which could include referrals to an orthopedic surgeon or physiotherapy.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Patient Guide to the Musculoskeletal Rapid Assessment Centre (MSC RAC), Hip and Knee.
|We see patients with moderate to severe osteoarthritis and other inflammatory conditions, who may be considering hip or knee replacement surgery.
Patients must be referred by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
|During the assessment, an Advanced Practice Practitioner, such as a physiotherapist will:
If needed, an appointment for a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon will be scheduled for you.
- Review your medical history,
- Ask questions about your health,
- Ask you to complete a test to see how well you can move and what is causing your pain, and
- Discuss treatment options with you and come up with a plan to help you. This may include surgery as well as other non-surgical treatment options.
|Wear comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothing.
- Your health card
- Any related forms you have been asked to fill out
- If possible, a friend or family member who can also listen to the information.
|The assessment will take approximately one hour.
1995 Lens Avenue, Windsor, Ontario
Located on the first floor, Pre-assessment/Ambulatory Care