Allied health is a team of health professionals who provide direct patient support. At WRH these teams provide services including:
- Social Work - Social Workers are members of a multi-disciplinary hospital team who assist patients and their families with developing a successful transitional plan back to the community. Planning may include determination of Next of Kin, financial resourcing, trauma support, and referrals to community resources.
- Physiotherapy - Help patients affected by illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education, and advice.
- Occupational Therapy - Occupational Therapists work with patients to manage their own self-care and prepare them for their return home. Through solutions created for each individual’s unique needs, OTs help people of all ages and abilities recover from an injury or illness to participate in day-to-day activities and experience life to the fullest.
- Ambulation Assistants - Ambulation Assistants are part of the mobility initiative, which focuses on the importance of preventing de-conditioning for the patients at Windsor Regional Hospital. Ambulation Assistants are part of a multi-team collaboration and are delegated patients who are considered to have Level A mobility status. Ambulation Assistants have an active role in this program that provides the opportunity for the patient to maintain or strengthen their abilities to mobilize and gives them the confidence to reach successful outcomes.
- Rehabilitation Assistants - Rehabilitation Assistants, also referred to as occupational therapist assistants and physiotherapist assistants, are members of the health care team who work under the direction and supervision of an occupational therapist or a physiotherapist to improve a patient's quality of life.
- Spiritual Care - Clinically trained Chaplains offer emotional and spiritual support, crisis intervention, counselling, presence, supportive listening, encouragement, and celebration to bring comfort to patients, families, and staff during their stay in the hospital.
- Speech-Language Pathology - Language pathologists assess and treat a broad range of speech, language, voice, swallowing, and cognitive-communication impairments.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
Manager, Allied Health Services
Phone: (519) 254-5577 Ext. 52810
Cell: (519) 995-1741