Paediatric Urgent Medical Assessment Clinic
If your child or youth is experiencing an emergency, CALL 911.
The Paediatric Urgent Medical Assessment (PUMA) Clinic provides COVID-19 testing for children ages 3 months - 17 years, medical assessment based on potential COVID-19 symptoms and, where appropriate, COVID-19 vaccinations. If a child requires a COVID test only and are under 3 months of age, parents can book an appointment for testing only. Children less than 3 months of age with symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or gastrointestinal problems, etc. should go to the Emergency Department.
For information related to vaccination information go to WEVax.ca.
Appointments must be booked in advance (see below). Walk-ins are not accepted.
WRH Met Campus, inside a stand-alone building adjacent to the Emergency Department parking area.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The clinic is open from 12 pm (noon) to 8 pm, seven days a week.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
- Book online at wrh.on.ca/OnlineBooking. (Please note: Internet Explorer is not a supported browser for the online booking tool). You will be asked to create a user profile and have a working email address. Please indicate Windsor under location.
- Book an appointment by phone by calling 519-973-4443. Phones are answered Monday - Friday, between 8 am and 4 pm. Please have your health card ready.
- Adult appointments should continue to be booked at the Ouellette Campus - COVID-19 Assessment Campus. Please visit wrh.on.ca/COVID19AssessmentCentre for more information.
WHO SHOULD MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
Please consider making an appointment to visit the clinic if you believe you have a child 17 or younger with possible COVID-19 symptoms which can include:
- Fever or chills
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
- Poor feeding or poor appetite
- New loss of taste or smell
- Belly pain