- Do not go to work, school, or other public places.
- Stay home unless you require urgent medical care.
- Do not use public transportation, taxis or rideshares.
Avoid contact with others
- As much as possible, stay in a separate room away from other people in your home and use a separate bathroom if you have one.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres from others at all times.
- No visitors unless essential (e.g., care providers); inform them you are positive.
- Make sure that shared rooms have good airflow (e.g., open windows).
Keep your distance
- If you are in a room with other people, keep a distance of at least 2 metres and wear a mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth.
- Anyone in the same room as you should wear a mask.
- Keep track of your symptoms including the date each symptom started and resolved.
- Seek medical care if your symptoms worsen; call 911 if you have difficulty breathing.
COMPILE A LIST OF PLACES VISITED & PEOPLE CASE WAS IN CLOSE CONTACT WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS
(include dates and times where possible):
- All places visited (work, school, restaurant, travel, social gatherings, etc.)
- Include addresses if possible.
- Include all household members (including roommates, care providers in the home, etc.)
- Identify individuals that spent more than 15 minutes with the case and less than 2 metres distance, while not wearing personal protective equipment (e.g., mask and eye protection).
HEALTH UNIT FOLLOW UP
- A nurse from the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit will call within the next couple of days.
- Please have your list of names and phone numbers of all your household contacts, places visited, and anyone you have been in contact with while not wearing a mask in the past 14 days. The Health Unit will review this information when they call you