The New Windsor-Essex Hospitals System:
WATCH: The following videos are just a few examples of how the patient experience will be improved in the new system.
- It is a once-in-a-lifetime, major system reform that will transform hospital services in Windsor-Essex. The collaborative and local plan will provide patients the right care, in the right place, at the right time, for generations to come. It includes the integration of acute care in a new state-of-the-art acute care hospital that will replace existing outdated and undersized facilities, the integration of tertiary, acute and community based mental health care, and a centre of Mental Health Excellence.
- Offers patient and family-centred care. The acute care hospital will be designed to accommodate individual patient needs with larger rooms offering more privacy for patients, better accommodations for families and a safer, less institutional environment.
- Improves patient safety and privacy. All inpatient rooms in the new hospital will have the capacity to be private and support the care of patients requiring contact precautions. This will help prevent the spread of infection and increase patient privacy.
- Helps Windsor-Essex retain and recruit top healthcare professionals. Modern infrastructure will give employees the right tools and facilities they need to enhance patient care.
- Builds on the region's strengths in education and research. A strengthened focus on education and research will increase collaboration and opportunities for clinical trials.
- Creates a seamless system of mental healthcare in Windsor-Essex. Moving 60+ acute mental health beds to the Prince Road site - where specialized mental health and addictions and children’s mental health services are already offered - will give mental health clients direct access to care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will give patients and clients a single entry point into the mental health system.
Comfortable & Private Arrivals