Terms of Reference
To meet our commitment to establishing a workplace where “Compassion is our Passion” by creating strategies to address ways in which patients’ emotional needs could be better served.
To increase employee awareness of the importance and value of supporting our patients and their families emotionally, and to transform this awareness so that employees exhibit more empathy, compassion and emotional support in their day to day practices.
Membership: Open to all interested employees, volunteers, professional staff.
Methods and tactics:
- Monthly meetings (joint conference of both campuses)
- Between meetings, ad hoc project work/committees if/when required
- Supports other patient-hospital liaison groups including Patient and Caregiver Committee and partner to Cancer Program PETF
- Public affairs component: internal and external marketing (where appropriate) of customer satisfaction initiatives via website, newsletter, public TVs, social media etc.
- Where applicable works alongside other hospital committees for specific initiatives (ex. Diversity Committee, Health and Wellness Committee)
- Develops and implements plans for direct patient experience initiatives (ex. Signage; face-to-face services) as well as indirect through efforts to improve staff morale (recognizing connection between staff satisfaction and customer service delivery)