St. Clair Campus
The St. Clair Campus is located at St. Clair College's SportsPlex, a stand-alone athletic facility on the main campus.
The Sportsplex has been transformed into a 100-bed hospital facility for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and will be staffed by WRH employees and professional staff the same way we would staff a typical WRH in-patient unit.
To protect patients and staff from the spread of infection, no visitors are allowed at the St. Clair Campus. Visiting The Hospital
has additional information on current visitor restrictions and ways to connect with loved ones in the hospital.
CONNECTING WITH PATIENTS
- If you would like to connect with a patient or check on a patient status, please call the main switchboard 519-254-5577.
- Send an E-card to your loved one. These are printed and delivered to patients who do not have access to email.
- Send a photo to your loved one. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will print in colour and display in your loved one's room. Please make sure you include both your name and the name of the patient you are sending the pictures to.
COMMUNICATION FROM THE CARE TEAM
We understand how important communication with the care team is for patients and families. While your loved one is admitted at the St Clair Campus, we will work to provide the most effective and helpful level of communication from the care team.
- Daily communication from the care team - our clinical team will contact the primary contact or Power of Attorney for each family daily with an update
- Family can call the St Clair Campus for additional questions or to provide additional information
- During the initial call, our team will talk to families about their communication preferences
Families are able to have video visits with their loved ones while admitted at the St. Clair Campus:
- The nursing team will contact primary family contact / Power of Attorney to discuss preferences around video visits
- FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom are available formats for the visits
- iPads are available to each patient to support visits
- We will strive to accommodate all visit requests but ask that the Power of Attorney / primary contact for each family confirm all visit requests from extended family and friends
- Please contact the St Clair Campus nursing unit to request any additional visits or changes to the Video Visit schedule. Please call the unit to set up the Video Visit and not try to call an iPad directly.
PATIENT INFORMATION GUIDE
The Patient Information Guide
contains additional information including a wifi password and important phone numbers for patients and family members.
Each patient room contains the following items:
- A bed with adjustable settings.
- Nurse call button.
- A touch lamp with three brightness settings is located above each bed.
- A communication whiteboard mounted to the wall.
If you have questions or concerns please contact: