Standardization & Optimization Process (SOP)
The Standardization & Optimization Process (SOP) was launched to standardize processes between the two hospital campuses, optimize care for our patients, and implement processes based on best practice and innovation. These processes will eventually dictate the design of a new state-of-the-art acute care hospital.
- Improve the patient experience at WRH
- Strengthen the WRH team so staff can flow seamlessly between campuses
- Standardize care so patients receive the same outstanding care at both campuses
- Create a foundation of best practices that will dictate the design of a new, state-of-the-art acute care facility
- Identify and implement best practices at both campuses, in all programs and departments
A multidisciplinary team of clinical and non-clinical staff including nurses, doctors, industrial engineers, MBA’s, change management experts and analysts who are committed to working together to create outstanding patient experiences through best practice and innovation.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Standard Unit: Implementing unique nursing care practices (bundles) to reduce or eliminate patient harm by following best practices while creating an environment where all patients receive the same care at both campuses.
- Quality Based Procedures (QBP) Pathway Improvement Program: Standardizing care delivery and improving communication with patients, families and members of the care team through the use of standardized Order Sets, Clinical Pathways and Patient Experience Pathways.
- Patient Flow Improvement Program: Focuses on improving the movement of patients throughout the hospital to remove any barriers to smooth patient flow and ensurie patients receive a predictable outstanding experience.
|SOP is a collaborative effort that includes all levels of staff and the community. To get involved:
- Visit us at Met (across from the library) or at Ouellette (1st floor near the old chapel)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
519-254-5577, ext. 33678
Rm 1634/Command Centre
519-254-5577, ext. 52708
Director of Learning & Workplace Development
519-254-5577 Ext. 31631
SOP Physician Advisor
Dr. Andrew Petrakos