Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Part Time)
Reporting to the Program Manager, Operating Room, the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing safe, effective and ethical nursing care. Duties include ongoing monitoring of patient condition (data collection and record keeping); identifying nursing care problems; developing patient care and discharge plans and evaluating outcomes; providing direct patient care using the nursing process; guiding and assisting performance of other health care team members; and investigating, documenting and appropriately communicating patient care incidents. Availability for all shifts and "on call" is required.
The Registered Nurse. is responsible for their own personal education and professional development.
The Registered Nurse. complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Current Certificate of Registration issued through the College of Nurses of Ontario - required
- B.C.L.S. certification - required
- 2 years recent O.R. experience or O.R. certificate within the last 2 years - required (will be tested)
- Medical/Surgical experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate in French - asset
- Demonstrated mature, professional and responsible attitude
- Interest in, and ability to participate in education and continuous quality improvement projects - asset
- Good interpersonal skills
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.