Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Reporting to the Program Manager, Intensive Care Unit, the registered nurse is responsible and accountable for the provision of safe, effective, patient focused nursing care to patients and families. In collaboration with the family and other team members, the registered nurse is responsible for ongoing assessment and monitoring of the patient’s health status, identification of patient/family needs and the development of plans to meet those needs, the provision of direct patient care and the evaluation of care. The registered nurse also participates in the ongoing professional development of self and others, and in unit and hospital wide quality improvement initiatives.
The registered nurse is responsible for the application of current theory and research in the delivery of care consistent with the vision and values of the hospital and the standards of relevant professional organizations.
The registered nurse complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Rescuer (C) recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario (renewed annually);
- Critical Care Certification (within the last 2 years) i.e. Durham College Critical Care Certificate an asset;
- Successful completion of Windsor Regional Hospital Critical Care Orientation program required (commitment to complete within 3 months of program entry)
- Current ACLS and PALS certification preferred
- Current (within the last 3 years) critical care experience (ICU, ER, CCU) preferred:
- Experience with mechanical ventilation
- Pediatric critical care experience an asset
- Minimum 2 years or 3,000 hours of current Med/Surg experience required
- Available to work all shifts, as required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all patients, physicians, staff and visitors;
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development;
- Willingness to participate in process improvement;
- Ability to communicate in French - asset
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.