Rapid Assessment Centre - Low Back
At the Low Back Rapid Assessment Centre (RAC), we help people understand, manage and treat moderate to severe low back pain by providing timely access to specialized care.
At the clinic, patients learn to manage chronic low back pain while reducing unnecessary tests, opioid prescriptions, specialist appointments and emergency visits.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Patient Guide to the Musculoskeletal Rapid Assessment Centre (MSK RAC), Low Back.
|All patients must be referred by a doctor or nurse practitioner.
|The program is for people over 18 who have had low back pain and/or related leg symptoms (e.g. leg pain, numbness and/or tingling) for at least 6 weeks, but not longer than a year.
The program is not for people who:
- Have had lower back pain for 12 months or longer with no relief,
- Have pain caused by an injury that is covered under an insurance claim (e.g. motor vehicle accident or workplace injury),
- Are pregnant or have had a child within the last 12 months, or
- Are in need of urgent or emergency care.
|An Advanced Practice Clinician, such as a physiotherapist, chiropractor, etc.
|The Advanced Practice Clinician will:
- Review your medical history.
- Complete a physical exam.
- Work with you to create a plan to help you manage your low back pain and help make it easier for you to move.
- Help you understand what is causing your pain.
- Possibly recommend additional treatments including surgery.
- If needed we will make you an appointment for further tests or consultations.
- You may choose to have an appointment with the first available surgeon or with a surgeon you choose.
- Your health card, and
- A Patient intake form. Please download the online form prior to your first appointment. If needed, a paper copy will also be made available to you at your appointment.
|Wear comfortable shoes and loose fitting clothing.
|The assessment will take approximately one hour.
Please arrive 30 minutes early to complete the necessary paperwork.
Windsor Regional Hospital - Ouellette Campus
1030 Ouellette Ave. Windsor, ON N9A 1E1