Lifeline (Personal Response and Support Services)
View more information about Lifeline.
What is Lifeline?
Lifeline is an easy-to-use personal response service that ensures that older adults living at home get quick assistance whenever it is needed - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The service is simple to use.
When you need help, you just press the waterproof Personal Help Button you wear as a pendant or wristband. Within seconds, a certified Lifeline monitor responds, assesses the situation and summons appropriate help, whether it is a neighbour, relative or ambulance.
Who Responds When I Press My Button?
A caring and extensively-trained Lifeline professional called a monitor, who has instant access to your pertinent health history and personal profile on his or her computer screen.
Why Do I Need Lifeline?
Life is unpredictable. An unexpected fall or medical emergency could threaten your future health if help is delayed.
With lifeline, help is assured.
Lifeline is NOT just for medical emergencies. The service also allows you to:
- Answer the telephone without having to rush to grab a handset and risk falling
- maintain your peace of mind knowing that help is just a press-of-a-button away
- Enjoy a stronger sense of well-being
How Much Does the Service Cost?
For a little more than a dollar a day, you get the Lifeline Personal Response Service. You are not required to buy any equipment or make a long-term commitment.
Try it today!
How Lifeline Works
- Personal Help Button: When you need help, press your Personal Help Button, which activates the Lifeline Home Unit.
- Lifeline Home Unit: The unit dials the Lifeline Monitoring Center and establishes two-way communication.
- Professional Intervention: Within seconds, a Lifeline Monitor with complete access to your full profile communicates with you. S/he asks you what you need and assess the situation.
- Appropriate Lifeline Response: The Lifeline Monitor then contacts a neighbour, loved one or emergency services to come to your assistance based on your specific needs.
- Closed Loop: The Lifeline monitor will follow up to ensure that help did arrive
Call Today To Get Your Lifeline
To find out more about Lifeline, please call (519) 252-4100 or 1-800-387-8120.
Learn more by visiting www.lifeline.ca.