Food Service Worker
Will perform assigned duties in, the assembly, production and distribution of food to patients. This includes the preparation of salads, sandwiches, special diet items, hot food items, short order items, tray pick up and delivery of food and beverages, completion of food requisitions, responsible for cleaning and sanitizing dishes, work surfaces and equipment. The Food Service Worker complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High standards of sanitation and safety (follow HACCP Guidelines)
- Good interpersonal skills (good body language, personable, friendly)
- Knowledge and experience in food service (follow proper pulling, panning, storage, rotation of product)
- Demonstrates mature, professional and responsible attitude
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to stand/walk on hard floors for prolonged periods without causing undue strain
- Must be able to reach and bend in order to clean high and low surfaces
- Must be able to climb and balance on ladders in order to clean windows, bents, etc, and change curtains and drapes
- Ability to work safely in accordance with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.