Environmental Service Worker
Reporting to the Environmental Services Supervisor or designate, the Environmental Service Worker is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in the cleaning field, such as, washroom cleaning, hard and soft floor care, all types of housekeeping (patient rooms, office areas, and waste handling and disposal (pick-up, transport, compact, and package for off-site disposal). Other duties as assigned. The Environmental Service Worker complies with Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions and measurements in English
- High standards of sanitation and safety
- Reliable and responsible work standards
- Ability to work well with others and also with minimal supervision
- Ability to correctly operate (push, pull, grip) various types of industrial cleaning equipment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to50 lbs. when handling supplies
- Must be able to stand/walk on hard floors for prolonged periods without causing undue strain
- Must be able to reach and bend in order to clean high and low surfaces
- Must be able to climb and balance on ladders in order to clean windows, vents, etc., and change curtains and drapes
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
- Ability to work safely in accordance with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ability to work within a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.