Clinical Business Analyst
||Clinical Business Analyst
||Flexible with e-VOLVE offices located in Chatham and Windsor; may require some travel to other Erie St. Clair (ESC) hospitals
||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday; occasional flexibility on hours and days of work expected
||One of the Workstream Project Leads for e-VOLVE
||January 4, 2019 by 3pm.
|How to Apply:
||Please email your resume and cover letter to Melissa.Simas@wrh.on.ca by the application deadline to be considered for the role
Special Secondment Opportunity For Unionized and Non-Union Staff:
All qualified applicants are eligible to apply to this posting. Subject to agreement of the local parties, successful candidates working on the e-Volve project will remain employed by Windsor Regional Hospital but will be “seconded” to work as part of the e-VOLVE project team for TransForm Shared Service Organization during the project. At the completion of the e-Volve project, seconded staff will return to their former positions at Windsor Regional Hospital. Unionized staff who accept these positions may be able to earn seniority during their secondments
What is e-VOLVE?
Formerly known as the Regional HIS Transformation Project, e-VOLVE is about the five hospitals in the Erie St. Clair (ESC) region coming together to implement a single, common hospital information system (HIS). With the hospitals currently operating their own outdated HIS solutions, e-VOLVE will equip the region with modernized technology which will further enable the delivery of high-quality, safe care to our patients. As a multi-year clinical transformation, e-VOLVE will require dedicated effort from a team of resources – from clinical, to clerical, to IT – that can help deliver across a number of interrelated project workstreams and focus areas.
The Clinical Business Analysts will be responsible for completing much of the day-to-day work involved with pushing forward areas of the e-VOLVE project across a number of workstreams, including (but not limited to): Orders and Results, Clinical Documentation, and Medication Integration. Clinical Business Analysts will be assigned to a specific Workstream based on their skills, experience, and preference. This role will provide analysis and help in the identification of process improvement opportunities within their Workstream. As clinical resources by background, the Clinical Business Analysts will be expected to apply their experiences as a front-line staff member and liaise with colleagues across the five hospitals to ensure the design of the new HIS is practical and based on the needs of the region. Depending on their assigned workstream, the Clinical Business Analysts will be reporting to their specific Workstream Project Lead. They will help coordinate the interactions required with clinical staff across the region, as well as the interactions required with different workstreams within the e-VOLVE project team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of their Workstream Project Lead, work with front-line staff to develop and document requirements of the new HIS
- Expected to apply knowledge and experience from being a front-line clinician to all project-related activities to ensure efforts are clinically-led
- Assisting with design workshops and documenting outputs with different disciplines (i.e. nursing, pharmacy, physicians)
- Ensure any changes to documentation or requirements are tracked and circulated to the appropriate e-VOLVE team members as required.
- Communicates, prioritizes, tracks, and resolves issues related to their workstream in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development of any training materials applicable to their workstream/focus area
- Be a champion for the HIS with their colleagues
- Inform the enhancement of existing policies and procedures that are impacted by the work completed within their Workstream
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare-related discipline
- 2+ years of experience working in a healthcare setting
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills essential
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and effectively prioritize work
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and react positively under pressure
- Previous experience in health informatics an asset
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Strong knowledge of general workflows in a hospital environment an asset.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
For more information, contact: