18.996 Head of medical physics (FULL TIME)
Windsor Regional Hospital is seeking an innovative and experienced Radiation Oncologist Physicist to be the head of Medical Physics for the Erie St. Clair Regional Cancer Program. The Head of Medical Physics will lead a dynamic department to work alongside Radiation Oncologists, Physicists and Radiation Therapists. The successful candidate will provide strategic and operational direction for all clinical, administrative and academic functions for the department. They will collaborate with the Leadership Team within the Cancer Program, Lead Radiation Oncologists and the Manager, Radiation Therapy to oversee all aspects of radiation therapy.
- Responsible for the management of the Medical Physics Department.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision for all administrative, clinical-educational and research activities of the department.
- Develop and coordinate the clinical support and academic activities of the physics and technical support team.
- Participate in radiation safety officer duties.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to the Cancer Program and other Health Partners.
- Oversee specification, acceptance testing and commissioning of major capital equipment for the radiation program.
- Oversee and direct the physics quality assurance program and participate in broader programmatic quality initiatives.
- Maintain and ensure regulatory compliance with respect to the hospital, provincial and federal agencies.
- Masters required, PhD in Physics preferred.
- At least 10 years clinical radiotherapy physics experience, with a proven record of accomplishment of technology deployment.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Fellowship in the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine (or equivalent).
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment as an effective administrator who has created and managed change successfully.
- The ability to communicate and interact well with people from various levels within the organization is critical.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment,
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think analytically, inventively, and independently.
- Ability to communicate in the French Language would be an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.