18.826 Decision Support Analyst (Permanent Full Time)
The Decision Support Analyst reports to the Manager, Corporate Quality Improvement and works in collaboration with members of the Windsor Regional leadership team and external stakeholders such as the LHIN in providing data analysis expertise, information/data dissemination, and evaluation. This position includes the development and maintenance of systems and processes for collecting data, extracting and merging data from various corporate data sources, tracking performance indicators, conducting analyses, preparing reports, and interpreting analyses in consultation with the Manager, Corporate Quality Improvement and Director of Organizational Effectiveness, senior leadership members, directors, managers, staff & physicians. The analyst is also responsible for participating in the design and implementation of communication strategies to deliver decision support across the organization.
- Assists with designing and implementing a performance/quality improvement measures at WRH
- Manages data associated with required and requested reports (DAD, NACRS, Ministry reporting and Corporate indicators).
- Required analyses may include trending, impact analysis and benchmarking as requested to support monthly utilization reporting and presentation to internal and external committees and agencies.
- Collaborates with users regarding their information needs.
- Extracts relevant data to identify possible cause-effect relationships, such as, outcomes to practice patterns, outcomes to workload information, and outcomes to improvement initiatives.
- Monitors, analyzes, and tracks key indicators and conducts specific drill-down analyses as needed.
- Prepares user-friendly reports and utilizes feedback for improvements.
- Collects and links data from various sources such as IPORT, CIHI and other relevant databases.
- A Baccalaureate or Masters Degree in health administration, health policy, business or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years in a health care (hospital) environment. (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an analyst. (preferred)
- Advanced computer skills - use of SPSS, Microsoft Excel, Word Access and PowerPoint, and 3M Report Writer.
- Proven ability to undertake advanced statistical analysis and interpretation of all types of health data.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, customer service.
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to Health Policy environment and the ability to assess impact on hospital operations.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.