18.796 Program Manager, Inpatient Mental Health (Full Time)
Responsible for overall leadership of the assigned patient care program/units in the development and delivery of innovative programs and services to ensure the delivery of quality care to all patients/families in the program.
- Current registration with applicable College or Association preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other health related field required, Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant clinical experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years management/leadership experience required.
- Previous Nursing Administration experience preferred or evidence of relevant learning activity in administration.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
- Assumes overall accountability and responsibility for the patient care and services provided
- Maintains current knowledge of issues and trends in patient care and facilitating best practice
- Facilitates implementation of corporate projects within the program, i.e., Clinical Pathways, workload measurement systems, information automation in collaboration with project coordinators.
- Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Develops unit specific philosophy, goals objectives and standards of patient care in collaboration with the Patient Care Team and ensuring that these are congruent with the hospital mission, vision & values and standards
- Coordinates all care and services provided for patient group in collaboration with other managers and providers
- Develops systems to monitor and manage unit operations, progress toward established goals, and patient care outcomes
- Acts as a resource person to the physicians, and support staff, in relation to the care of patients and unit operations
- Assumes accountability for facilitating the resolution of identified patient care issues in collaboration with the Patient Care Team
- Acts as a role model for staff and demonstrating commitment to patient/ family-centered care
- Implements quality improvement initiatives for the program in order to enhance the quality of patient care
- Ensures that all staff are informed and in compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Develops and manages an operational budget for the program in collaboration with the Program Team and the Director including preparation of yearly capital budget for the program in collaboration with the Program Team and Director of Operations
- analyzing management reports, investigating variances, initiating remedial action and evaluating outcomes
- Consistently contributes as a member of the Leadership Team and practices the values of Windsor Regional Hospital
- Contributes as a member of the Program team towards development and implementation of team goals
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our