18.758 Clinical Research Associate (Temporary Full Time)
Working independently within the Network Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), this position is responsible for the organization, coordination and documentation of clinical research studies. The Clinical Research position ensures compliance with both external and internal policies, regulations and requirements of sponsoring agencies and ethics boards. Duties include ongoing administration of protocols, subject recruitment, monitoring of enrolled subjects, and data collection.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health/Medical Sciences.
- At least one year of Oncology clinical research experience preferred
- Completion of an accredited Clinical Research diploma or professional certification through SoCRA and/or ACRP is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, disease processes, treatment methods and clinical documentation.
- Oncology background preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and ability to work in changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Medical Terminology, Typing
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality
- The employee will be required to move or lift boxes of charts up to 25 pounds
- French Language proficiency an asset.
- The Clinical Research Associate collaborates with Investigators and the health care team to assume responsibility for the overall patient management and coordination of several clinical studies for the Windsor Regional Cancer Program.
- Key responsibilities include recruitment of study participants (e.g. identify and screen potential subjects, obtain informed consent); coordination of patient visits schedules as per study protocol; execution of all aspects of study visit (e.g. assessment adverse events, monitoring safety, medication, questionnaires),and the implementation and coordination of all aspects of data collection and source documentation within required timeframes, as per WRCP/WRH policy and ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with internal governmental regulations including ethics review of protocols and timely reporting of all adverse drug reactions to appropriate parties
- Liaise with Centre staff and host hospital staff concerning all aspects of patient and trial management to promote awareness and understanding of protocols as well as sponsoring agencies (NCIC, OCOG, pharmaceuticals) concerning protocol issues through the duration of the trial.
- Randomize/register patients and complete necessary documentation. Able to abstract, interpret and accurately document data from clinical and host hospital chart.
- Coordinate collection and processing of required pathology materials, radiology images, laboratory samples as dictated by the trial.Forward documentation and materials to appropriate review centre in a timely fashion. Designate study-specific investigations tests are ordered accurately for billing purposes)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our