18.677 Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Temporary Part Time)
Under the overall direction of the Manager, Nuclear Medicine or designate, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, with skill, ingenuity and initiative. Must possess excellent knowledge in the performance of all nuclear medicine procedures performed in the department. May assume responsibility for designated areas of procedures as required. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive on promoting a safe work environment as well as adhering to all Licensing and Radiation Safety guidelines set out by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Certification as a M.R.T.(N). – required
- Current membership with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario - required
- Classified as a Nuclear Energy Worker – required
- Current CPR certificate-preferred
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge and is able to perform all current nuclear medicine procedures in the department
- Demonstrates independent judgment, skill, ingenuity and initiative in the performance of duties to obtain superior diagnostic images.
- Demonstrates a commitment to participate in Quality Improvement Initiatives/Programs
- Demonstrated high standards in oral and written communication skills and ability to work as a member of an integrated healthcare team
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining / enhancing professional competence through participation in appropriate continuing education activities
- General good health and a level of functional ability appropriate to the demands of the position
- French language skills an asset
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.