18.654 Project Manager, Cancer Program (Temporary Full Time)
This interim position will provide leadership in the management of several key cancer program projects underway such as CMH (Complex Malignant Hematology) program development and internal Cancer Program IT Transition Projects. As well, this leader will support ongoing operational quality improvement projects and provide operational manager coverage as needed.
Specifically, the interim projects manager is responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with RVP for CMH program development;
- Will provide administrative oversight for the CMH program development and project planning as outlined in the Acute Leukemia 5 year plan and CMH RFP 3 year plan. This includes assessment of capital program needs along with creation of appropriate business plans to support requests;
- Acting as the CMH administrative liaison and participating on all relevant committee structures as appropriate: CCO Acute Leukemia Advisory, CCO Acute Leukemia Specifications Working Group, CCO SCT Survivorship CoP, CCO Champions for Models of Care, CCO CMH Steering Committee, CCO Data Committees (CMH / SSO), WRH CMH Steering Sub-Committees;
- Responsible for related capital requests, flex beds, physician recruitment, physician 24/7 coverage, laboratory services, quality metrics /development of a scorecard, patient experience;
- Maximize CMH funding models (both OOC and Inter-provincial) through MOUs with all SCT partners;
- Leading IT transition projects;
- Quality Improvement projects and Operational Manager coverage as needed
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of relevant management experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Masters in Business or a health related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience in oncology, required.
- Program management skills including strategic planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the regional health care system and cancer planning and performance.
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural clientele and issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, PowerPoint and utilization of the Internet as a resource.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our