18.623 Clinical Trials Navigator (Temporary Part Time)
The Clinical Trials Navigator (CTN) will serve as a resource to clinicians and patients and will help to remove barriers to collaborative clinical trials participation.
The CTN will be responsible for:
- Communicating with patients from the nineteen NACC’s in Ontario who are interested in entering a clinical trial and understanding the patient’s current clinical status including staging, prior therapies and performance status.
- Researching potential clinical trials for the patient using standard databases available including Clinical Trials.gov, Ontario Cancer Clinical Trials, as well as participating in the development of networks with referral centres.
- Identifying and communicating information related to trial options for the patient.
- Examining with the patient the potential barriers to enrolment in the clinical trial being presented, with a focus on any perceived financial and/or social barriers. The attending oncologist will review the clinical details of the trial.
- Coordinating with the facilities that have potential trials for the patients, and ensuring that the initial steps of eligibility are realized.
- Providing a clinical trial resource package to the patient, if applicable, to facilitate a discussion with their physicians. Referral to the clinical trial centre likely will be by the treating oncologist, but potentially could be via the family physician or the CTN.
- Maintaining the metrics including: number of patients referred, patients for whom a trials has been identified and patients who have participated in a trial outside of their home site.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Health/ Medical Sciences.
- Management and/or program development experience desirable.
- Must be able to work in a self-directed environment.
- Demonstrate passion and understanding for this project.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience in clinical trials
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and utilization of the Internet as a resource.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our