18.621 Manager, Health Information Systems (HIS) Implementation (Temporary Full Time - 3 Years)
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer/Vice President, Corporate Services, the Manager, HIS Implementation is responsible for leading the implementation of a new Health Information System and will have direct oversight for the implementation of the project plan. The incumbent will work with Transform Shared Service Organization along with other hospital leads to coordinate all activities associated with a new system implementation. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring schedule, cost, scope, resources, risk and quality and providing regular status updates to the leadership team at Windsor Regional Hospital. The Manager, HIS Implementation will also be responsible for engaging WRH staff in the adoption of the future state HIS; act as the liaison between staff and the project team to address adoption, change management, and clinical transformation activity.
- Degree from an accredited college/university
- 5-7 years hospital experience in a leadership position, project leadership role or lead clinical application experience preferred
- Experience with HIS implementation or experience managing implementation of clinical projects
- Experience working with health information systems
- Experience leading large scale organization change
- Experience working with project management methodologies and clinical process analysis
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making skills and ability to build consensus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in health care and clinical operations in a health care system
- French Language proficiency an asset.
Support the regional implementation of the HIS project in WRH and within the broader LHIN; proponent for standardization and adoption of regional workflow, policy, process, and solutions. Where there are needs for localization, would represent WRH business needs and business case for regional discussion and approval.
Accountable to WRH leadership team for the successful engagement of WRH staff and timely support in delivering the project deliverables to the defined schedule and budget.
In collaboration with the Regional HIS Project Team organize kick-off meetings, identifying all project stakeholders, taking meeting minutes, and defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities, including support to any PM tools or databases used by TSSO/external HIS /vendor supporting the Regional HIS project. Provide updates on project timelines and budget.
Work through creating/developing workflows/inventories/process documents related to the project.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our