18.564 MRI Technologist (Temporary Part Time)
The MRI Tech performs day-to-day imaging in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Department, ensuring the flow of work, while working cooperatively with other members of the team, utilizing supplies effectively and performing MRI examinations with skill and accuracy to best meet customer needs and expectations. This includes screening of the patient, explanation of the procedure, orienting the patient to the scanner and various communication devices, providing support, anti-claustrophobic techniques and hearing protection devices, as required. The incumbent is responsible for the application of current theory and research in the delivery of care consistent with the vision and values of the hospital and the standards of relevant professional organizations. The incumbent must comply with the Occupation Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Certification as an M.R.T (MR) – required
- Current membership with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario – required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team
- Commitment to standards of excellence and the concept of accountability
- Commitment to and participation in quality enhancement activities
- Knowledge of hospital and pharmacy policies and procedures
- Ability to perform technical and non-technical duties in an efficient manner
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate to the demands of the position
- French language proficiency an asset
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.