18.339 Clinical Practice Manager, Radiation Therapy (Full Time)
As a leader Radiation Therapy practice, reporting to the Director, Clinical Cancer Services and in a collegial/collaborative relationship with the Program Manager(s). The incumbent is responsible for the advancement of Radiation Therapist knowledge and professional practice to ensure evidence-based, individualized care of patients and families. Responsible for directing and developing best practice solution within the program and across the patient care spectrum. Responsible for the management of Radiation Therapist competency within the program.
- Medical Radiation Technologist (Radiation Therapy) eligible for registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years recent relevant clinical experience required
- Minimum 3 years patient/family/staff teaching experience preferred
- IV contrast training preferred, BCLS
- Facilitate a practice environment promoting clinical excellence in the provision of patient/family- focused care.
- Acting as a leader to Radiation Therapy staff and the health care team, regarding evidence-based advanced practice problem-based needs analysis and strategies for change.
- Assisting staff in the development of clinical decision making and problem solving skills through case consultation, clinical demonstration, case review, bedside rounds, etc.
- Developing program specific patient/Radiation Therapy care standards in keeping with the corporate strategic direction, the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and recognized specialty care association guidelines
- Directing and monitoring the application of education programs within the program to ensure delivery of care is reflective of best practice and expected clinical outcomes.
- Liaising with the Program Director, Program Manager, other Clinical Practice Managers and Corporate Learning Resources staff in developing, delivery, implementation and evaluation of education programs to advance the practice across the hospital corporation.
- Sharing advanced knowledge and/or research findings through presentation and/or publication at local, regional, national and international levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.