18.254 Clinical Practice Manager, Emergency Services
Reporting to the Director of the program and working in a collegial/collaborative relationship with the Program Manager. The Clinical Practice Manager is responsible for the advancement of nursing knowledge and professional practice to ensure evidence-based, individualized care of patients and families. Responsible for directing and developing advanced nursing practice within the program and across the patient care spectrum. Responsible for the management of nursing competency within the program.
- Registered Nurse, eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing – required; Masters in Nursing – preferred.
- Minimum 5 years recent relevant clinical experience – required.
- Minimum 3 years patient/family/staff teaching experience- preferred.
- Experience in a level 1 or 2 trauma centre is preferred.
- ACLS – required. TNCC required.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
- Acting as a leader to nursing staff and the health care team, regarding evidence-based advanced nursing practice, problem-based needs analysis and strategies for change.
- Assisting nursing staff in the development of clinical decision making and problem solving skills through case consultation, clinical demonstration, case review, bedside rounds, etc.
- Acting as a resource person, through informal and formal conferencing with nursing and other allied health care professionals in determining appropriate strategies to achieve patient-focused outcomes.
- Developing program specific patient/nursing care standards in keeping with the corporate strategic direction, the College of Nurses of Ontario and recognized specialty care association guidelines.
- Leading the development and revision of evidence-based clinical standards and core competencies.
- Acting as a role model in the application of standards and philosophy of nursing practice and nursing process, in the delivery of patient care and nursing education.
- Directing and developing nursing education and professional development programs within the program/specialty area and across the corporation.
- Conducting needs assessment in order to determine the educational requirements of the staff and legislated requirements of the specialty area.
- Other duties as assigned.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our