18.181 Accredited Records Technician (Temporary Full Time, Approx. 18 mos)
Reporting to the Director, the Accredited Records Technician codes and abstracts patient charts for Met and Ouellette Campuses and ensures confidentiality, accuracy and completeness for future reference. Duties include: servicing all charts according to current guidelines and while doing so, checking for completeness, and correctness; coding all procedures and diagnosis using guidelines as provided C.I.H.I: electronically submitting all required data to C.I.H.I. as per current guidelines, representing, by the use of codes, a summary of all charting; upon receipt of the reports from C.I.H.I., do any necessary corrections, redirecting them to C.I.H.I.; sends query forms to C.I.H.I.; participating in Quality Assurance Activities; provide information for various audits; e.g. irregular events, Neoplastic audits, OB and GYN audits, etc. monthly and yearly statistics, filing C.I.H.I reports. The Accredited Records Technician complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Graduate of an Accredited Health Records Technician/Administrator Program-required
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Health Record Administrators (Associate Level) required
- Active member of the Canadian Health Records Association-required
- 2-3 years recent coding experience –preferred
- Experience working in a highly automated Windows environment-required
- Prior experience dealing with health professionals an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills- required
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate to the demands of the position
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our