18.119 Accelerator Technologist, Windsor Regional Cancer Centre (Full Time)
Provide a broad range of technical services to the Centre including assessment, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure safe treatment of patients and minimal equipment down time.
- 3 year college diploma in Electrical Engineering or a 4 year Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical) plus 2 years of clinical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety regulations with respect to radiation equipment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills providing accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated initiative, innovation, and creativity skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
- Diagnose equipment failure. Conduct appropriate repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- If necessary, arrange for repairs to be performed by external organizations and confirm that such work is satisfactorily completed.
- Develop technical drawings/specifications, design and implement modifications to equipment as required.
- Identify malfunctioning equipment which should be removed from service and notify the appropriate individuals to arrange for rescheduling of patients, etc.
- Communicate with Radiation Therapy staff regarding equipment failure and with Physics staff regarding repair, upgrade, or replacement.
- Perform preventive maintenance on Radiation Therapy equipment. Inspect equipment for wear and confirm proper operation of equipment.
- Participate in installation of new equipment.
- Participate in special projects such as the design and assembly of custom electronic devices.
- Maintain inventory of parts and supplies. Order parts and supplies as required.
- Ensure documentation of equipment maintenance and repairs in respective log books.
- Maintain knowledge of current radiation therapy technology and attend training courses as required.
- Provide after-hours and weekend on-call coverage
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.