18.1112 Pension & benefits representative (Temporary full time 12-18 months)
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Benefits and Pension Representative is responsible for providing benefits and pension administration support to all staff at WRH while continually reviewing and adapting to changing priorities. Integrity and the ability to provide value to the department and organization are crucial for this role.
- Providing information to clients in relation to Benefits and Pension issues.
- Responsible for producing and analyzing a variety of payroll and HR reports
- Maintaining a linkage to resources within and outside the hospital.
- Full Administration of the group benefit and pension plans.
- Counseling staff going off work on STD, LTD, MAT, etc. in regards to benefits and pension while on leave as well as those retiring.
- Assisting employees with problems encountered with carrier, hospitals, drug stores, etc.
- Originating data entry for all required pension and benefits for new and current employees and ensure deductions are accurate including any adjustments for payroll.
- Conducting regular audits to ensure accurate and up to date information.
- Maintaining retirees files and benefits and collective payment for their portion of costs
- Monthly and year end reporting for pension.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area and/or Certificate in Human Resources or Benefits Administration.
- 2-3 years experience working in a Human Resources department within a unionized environment
- Knowledge of pension administration and legislation
- Experience with Infinium System (AS400) an asset.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, Pension & Benefit Act and Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Experience with preparing statistical reports, and benchmarking activities.
- Exceptional communication skills using both oral and written format.
- Excellent ability to work as a team, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and provide creative solutions with tact and diplomacy with a customer-centric focus.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office software applications and typing. Advanced Excel required (testing will be required)
- A valid Ontario Drivers License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.