Rehab assistant (temporary part time)
Reporting to the Manager, Allied Health, the Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for carrying out client care procedures under the direction of professional staff. The incumbent is responsible for completing various non-client care functions aimed at maintaining and enhancing department services and for providing direct client care procedures and non client care functions independent of direct supervision.
The Certified Rehabilitation Assistant complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Assistant Certification required (Graduate of a 2 year accredited college program)
- Minimum of one year recent related health care experience – preferred
- Certification in CPR – preferred
- BCLS – preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - required
- Knowledge of exercise principles and techniques for neurological, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal
- An understanding of normal functional movement
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal directions – required
- Knowledge of the essentials of safe lifting, transfer and ambulating techniques - required
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate for the demands of the position
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our Online Application section.