18.073 BioMed/Renal Technician
Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Engineering (Biomedical Services) or designate this person maintains the biomedical and renal department machines and equipment, works on the jobs given priority by the Manager. The Biomedical/Renal Biomedical Technician, performs routine, complex and specialized tasks involving the installation, maintenance servicing, modification, troubleshooting and calibration of complex therapeutic, diagnostic or life support biomedical/renal instrumentation by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations. The technician maintains a log of repairs/service calls and provides valuable clinical support to staff in dealing with new methods and machinery and helps with the purchase evaluation and implementation of new equipment and systems. The Technician assists in the setup of new facilities upon the completion of construction and assures that all standards are met. The Biomedical/Renal Biomedical Technician complies with the Occupational Health and Safety standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Biomedical Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent - required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the maintenance, calibration and repair of biomedical equipment systems
- Must know the relevant codes and standards that apply to both biomedical equipment and healthcare facilities.
- OACETT Certification (preferred)
- Proficiency with all Microsoft office applications - required
- Theoretical/Practical knowledge in regards to the operation of various types of medical equipment ability to diagnose and correct malfunctions - required
- Proficiency in the use of equipment diagrams and blueprints - required
- Experience with Fresenuis Dialysis Machines (preferred)
- Demonstrates evidence of active approach to problem resolution
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think innovatively and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining/enhancing professional competence through participation in appropriate continuing education activities
- Ability to maintain skills in an escalated paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team approach and to adhere to the accepted standards of personal conduct
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management is required
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize various corporate or computer based applications
- Maintains the work area as clean as possible during and after work
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance as per manufacturer specifications and compliant with policies and procedures outlined in Biomed Policy and CSA Standards
- Maintains personal activity records for department including opening and closing work requisitions on the computer.
- Maintains dialysis equipment, if certified to do so.
- Provide Clinical input to users as needed for evaluations and purchase decisions
- Assure standards are met / maintained. Alert or advise of deficient equipment
- Test and install all new equipment entering the building
- Orders materials needed to complete the repair
- Deals with suppliers regarding price, delivery and product.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact well with all patients, staff, physicians, and visitors
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our