17.985 Business Office Clerk (Casual)
Reporting to the Supervisor Business office the Business Office Clerk accurately collects, verifies, records and prepares billings, cash receipts and any cash disbursements in order to meet the customers’ needs and expectations. The Business Office Clerk complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive in promoting a safe work environment.
- Current Billing and Receivable (collections) experience within the last 5 years - required
- Knowledge of processes and procedures relating to the posting of cash or equivalent against outstanding accounts receivable in a computerized environment;
- Knowledge of the use of personal computers in spreadsheet and word processing applications;
- Knowledge of accounting principle and concepts;
- General understanding of office procedures such as filing, use of business machines and handling telephone inquiries
- Communication and interpersonal and communication skills necessary to function effectively as an integral part of an internal team and interactions with patients and the general public
- Organizational skills required to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within agreed upon time frames and due dates
- Proficiency in the use of calculators and data entry and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Accurately operate computers, printers and desktop calculators
- Grade 12 education or equivalent - required
- Completion of one (1) or more year(s) Community College Business Administration – Finance/Accounting Program - required and demonstrated commitment to continual learning
- Minimum of 2 years experience processing accounts receivable transactions, collections in a computerized environment – required
- Minimum of 2 years experience processing cash or equivalent transactions in a computerized environment-required\
- Knowledge of processes and procedures relating to the processing of billing and receivable transactions -required (will be tested)
- Experience working with IBM iSeries (AS400) - preferred
- Typing speed of 40 wpm - required (will be tested)
- Numeric Data Entry Speed 150 characters per minute and 90% accuracy – required (accuracy and speed will be tested)
- Well developed computer software aptitude and experience required - Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel –required (will be tested)
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our