17.531 Radio Isotope Technician (Permanent Part Time)
Under the direction of the Manager and Radiation Safety Officer of Nuclear Medicine, they will assist in the daily compounding of radiopharmaceuticals and dispensing of patient doses. The role will include daily, monthly and quarterly Quality Control of prepared products along with all Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s required documentation. They will assist with the maintenance and quality control of various pieces of equipment used within the Hot lab. They will be responsible for following the procedures outlined in the Radiation Safety Manual developed in accordance with the CNSC License requirements. They will be required to monitor inventory and order specific Radioisotopes under the direction of the Manager or Senior Technologist. They will prepare and package daily cases following TDG requirements for the safe transport of radiopharmaceuticals as needed. They will be responsible for generating patient prescriptions for each dose dispensed. They will perform White Blood Cell labelling as required while maintaining sterility under a Laminar Flow hood. They will demonstrate good Radiation Safety practices by the proper use of lead aprons, syringe shields and exposure badges. They will participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Process Improvement. They will be required to run reports using the Radiopharmacy Software.
- Registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Health Sciences related degree from a recognized university preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in handling radioactivity, in radiopharmacy or related areas preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a fast moving, high paced, continuously changing environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all staff and customers.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team
- General good health and a level of fitness appropriate to the demands of the position
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.