17.1517 Clinical Practice Manager, Family Birthing Centre (Full Time)
Reporting to the Director of the Women’s and Children’s Program and in a collegial/collaborative relationship with the Program Manager, the Clinical Practice Manager is responsible for the advancement of nursing knowledge and professional practice to ensure evidence-based, individualized care of patients and families. Responsible for directing and developing advanced nursing practice within the program and across the patient care spectrum. Responsible for the management of nursing competency within the program.
- Acting as a leader to nursing staff and the health care team, regarding evidence-based advanced nursing practice, problem-based needs analysis and strategies for change.
- Assisting nursing staff in the development of clinical decision making and problem solving skills through case consultation, clinical demonstration, case review, bedside rounds, etc.
- Acting as a resource person, through informal and formal conferencing with nursing and other allied health care professionals in determining appropriate strategies to achieve patient-focused outcomes.
- Developing program specific patient/nursing care standards in keeping with the corporate strategic direction, the College of Nurses of Ontario and recognized specialty care association guidelines.
- Identifying and resolving patient care problems and the identification of trends and issues in patient care delivery for further evaluation and planning.
- Directing and developing nursing education and professional development programs within the program/specialty area and across the corporation.
- Conducting needs assessment in order to determine the educational requirements of the staff and legislated requirements of the specialty area.
- Establishing clinical outcomes of education programs.
- Directing and monitoring the application of education programs within the program to ensure delivery of care is reflective of best practice and expected clinical outcomes.
- Liaising with the Chief Nursing Officer, other Clinical Practice Managers and Corporate Learning Resources staff in the development, delivery, implementation and evaluation of education programs to advance the practice of nursing across the hospital corporation.
- Registered Nurse, eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing required, Masters in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in labour & delivery/ante partum/post partum required and general surgery preferred.
- Minimum 3 years patient/family/staff teaching experience preferred
- CPR, NRP and advanced fetal monitoring.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- French Language Proficiency is an asset.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.