As a PA at the WRH Ouellette ED you will become an integral part of one of the best emergency department teams in Ontario. Windsor Regional Hospital is a large acute care community hospital with a high percentage of tertiary services. Our major programs at the Ouellette Campus provide the regional services in trauma, renal dialysis, neurosurgery, neurology, cardiac catheterization / angioplasty, interventional radiology and adult acute psychiatry. The annual ED volume of combined pediatric and adult visits is 60,000.
Benefits of working at the WRH Ouellette ED include:
- Able to practice full range of medical care within scope of PA training from McMaster / University of Toronto program in an emergency department setting
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses
- ED PA Signing Bonus
- Funding assistance to attend annual physician assistant continuing education
- Educational sessions & monthly journal club on topics related to emergency medicine
- Well trained and supportive physician and nursing staff familiar with physician assistants in Emergency setting
- The WRH Emergency Physician group at the Ouellette campus has been involved in the clinical teaching program for physician assistant students from McMaster and U of T since inception of their programs & the Canadian military PA program since 2002
- Physician Assistants currently employed in our emergency department since 2009
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program (Canadian/US) or equivalent.
Certified by the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada
Eligible to work in Canada/Ontario
Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
Demonstrates ability to perform complete and appropriate clinical assessment and development of a treatment plan in accordance with medical directives
Demonstrates proficient and appropriate use of diagnostic and procedural skills
Demonstrates effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
Demonstrates commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning
French Language proficiency an asset.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our
How To Apply section.