Reporting to the Coordinator, Guest Services Network, the Food Services Supervisor supervises and instructs employees engaged in the operation of the Food & Nutrition Services Department; responsible for overseeing the production, rethermalization, service and delivery of food to the patients and also the ware-washing and other related functions; responsible for daily replacement of staff, conducting and summarizing patient satisfaction surveys and for ensuring high standards of food quality, safety and sanitation.
- Must have Grade 12 education
- Member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management preferred
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to direct and supervise staff.
- Must possess tact and courtesy in dealing with employees and other persons in the hospital.
- Effective communication skills;
- Experience in food service management an asset.
- Ability to communicate in the French Language would be an asset.
Supervise employees and daily operations of Patient Food Services;
Display initiative and good judgment in dealing with operational problems, assigning tasks and adjusting small grievances;
Ensure a commitment to standards of excellence and the concept of accountability through completion of departmental goals and objectives.
Ensure a patient focused approach is delivered and adhered to by all staff;
Liaise with Clinical Dietitians, nursing, co-workers and staff to handle patient satisfaction issues;
Maintain patient service documentation in accordance with departmental policies, hospital standards and professional standards.
Liaise with Retail Services Manager to deal with appropriate issues.
Other duties as assigned.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our
How To Apply section.