Responsible for the advancement of nursing knowledge and professional practice to ensure evidence-based, individualized care of patients and families. Responsible for directing and developing advanced nursing practice within the program and across the patient care spectrum. Responsible for the management of nursing competency within the Program.
- Facilitate a practice environment promoting clinical excellence in the provision of patient/family- focused care.
- Acting as a leader to nursing staff and the health care team, regarding evidence-based advanced nursing practice, problem-based needs analysis and strategies for change.
- Assisting nursing staff in the development of clinical decision making and problem solving skills through case consultation, clinical demonstration, case review, bedside rounds, etc.
- Directing and developing nursing education and professional development programs within the program/specialty area and across the corporation.
- Directing and monitoring the application of education programs within the program to ensure delivery of care is reflective of best practice and expected clinical outcomes.
- Liaising with the Chief Nursing Executive, other Clinical Practice Managers and Corporate Learning Resources staff in developing, delivery, implementation and evaluation of education programs to advance the practice of nursing across the hospital corporation.
- Evaluating clinical practice of nursing staff and participating in performance development planning for nurses annually and as indicated.
- Sharing advanced nursing knowledge and/or research findings through presentation and/or publication at local, regional, national and international levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse, eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing required, Masters in Nursing preferred
- Minimum 5 years recent relevant clinical experience required
- Minimum 3 years patient/family/staff teaching experience preferred
- ACLS, PALS and TNCC required
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our
How To Apply section.