Reporting to the Regional Administrator the Outreach Coordinator is to assist in achieving the goals and objectives of the DRCC and the Ontario Diabetes Strategy while maintaining a regional focus. The Outreach Coordinator will assist with the dissemination of diabetes standards across the Erie St. Clair Region. This position will also be responsible for maintaining links with diabetes education teams and other groups and organizations in the region and throughout other DRCC’s.
- Post secondary education in health sciences/ administration, nursing, health promotion or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3- 5years experience in the health sector
- Ability to travel throughout the Erie St. Clair Region
- Desirable to have experience in diabetes education
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Ability to network with multicultural groups, specifically with First nation communities an asset.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the DRCC team to:
build awareness of diabetes services and participates in the dissemination of diabetes standards of practice across the region
work collaboratively with other groups and organizations in the region (primary care physicians, Family Health Teams, Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinics, LHINs, diabetes education programs and other agencies); as well as high risk populations to assist with diabetes service coordination.
Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies to enhance diabetes service provision.
- Assists in the development and implementation of common tools and resources to improve the management of diabetes across the region
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants in advance for their interests, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying, visit our
How To Apply section.